If your child receives free school meals, they are provided with a free meal each school day worth a value of £2.95.
Is your child eligible for free school meals?
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- to 31 March 2019, Universal Credit 1
- from 1 April 2019, Universal Credit - provided your household has an annualised net earned income2 of no more than £7,400 ( as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
We can also provide copies of the FSM form ( this is also on the bottom of this page for you to download) and provide help in completing the forms
If you think that your child or children might qualify for free school meals, you must apply. Even if your child does not want to claim the free meals it is beneficial to be on the list.
Please see contact details below or make a request online for an application form alternatively you can download a copy below.
For further information, click here for the Cardiff Council Free School Meals or please complete application form available below and send off to address :
FREEPOST CARDIFF COUNCIL HOUSING BENEFIT
PO Box 6000
Cardiff, CF11 0WZ
Tel: 029 2053 7250