If your child receives free school meals, they are provided with a free meal each school day worth a value of £2.95.
Is your child eligible for free school meals?
You may eligible to claim Free School Meals for your child, you can do this if you are entitled to one of the following:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based);
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related);
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit);
- Child Tax Credit with annual income of less than £16,190;
- Universal Credit with net household earnings of less than £7400.
If you think that your child or children might qualify for free school meals, you must apply. Even if your child does not want to claim the free meals it is beneficial to be on the list.
Please see contact details below or make a request online for an application form alternatively you can download a copy below.
For further information, click here for the Cardiff Council Free School Meals or please complete application form available below and send off to address :
FREEPOST CARDIFF COUNCIL HOUSING BENEFIT
PO Box 6000
Cardiff, CF11 0WZ
Tel: 029 2053 7250